WHAT IS IT AND WHERE DO I FIND THE INFORMATION?
There are extensive guidelines and rules.
The information you seek comes under the heading 'Bereavement Leave' in our publication "Annual Holidays and Leave". This is an electronic book – updated in October 2011 - which you can purchase and download immediately.
The publication includes:
- Employee's entitlements
- the entitlement criteria
- describes who a Close Relative is under the Act
- the 'three day rule'
- employer’s rights & guidelines for employers
- paid leave or unpaid leave
- relevant daily pay (the calculation for bereavement Leave pay)
- cultural responsibilities
Bereavement Leave and sick leave are addressed in law by the Holidays Act. Parental leave falls under an Act of its own although there are references to it in our Annual Holidays and Leave publicationFor more information on our Annual Holidays and Leave eBook click here >>